Tuesday, January 19, 2010

waiting for news...

About 6 years ago we began sponsoring a child through Compassion International. Veniel is now 14 years old now and in 9th grade. Veniel lives in Haiti. When we heard the news of the earthquake in Haiti we immediately began praying for Veniel and his family. Tonight as I tucked our 7 yr. old into bed, he said a prayer for Veniel. He prayed for all of the doctors in Haiti that they would be able to help Veniel if he is hurt. My heart is heavy as I think of the situation, but I love to see how God is using this situation to teach my children compassion for others. We've never met Veniel, but we love him. He sends us letters regularly to tell us about what he is learning in school. He always draws us a picture and includes a scripture that he has read. We hope to hear news soon...please join us in praying for the people of Haiti.

http://blog.compassion.com/haiti-earthquake-update/

No comments:

Post a Comment