Friday, March 4, 2011

AND THE COUNT DOWN BEGINS!

Today I got my final shot so I am ready to go to Kenya!  Going overseas to work in an orphange has been a dream of mine since I was little.  When the opportunity to go work in an orphanage came up, I jumped at the chance!  My wonderfully supportive and amazing husband agreed to "hold down the fort" while I am gone.  My awesome parents and in-laws have volunteered to watch kids and whatever else may be needed while I am gone.  

I sent out support letters and wish lists and was humbled by the generosity of friends and family.  God faithfully provided the $2400 needed for my plane ticket, food, and lodging.  WOW!  What an awesome God we serve!  


A few prayer requests while I am gone:

*Sanity for my wonderful husband
*Understanding and peace for my children who are excited for Mommy...but already sad about me being gone.
*Safety for my team as we travel
*Protection from illness while we are there 
*Quick recovery from jet lag so we can have a productive time as we finish up some building projects and play with kids

If you haven't already, check out Naomi's Village on facebook.  There are some great pictures and videos of the kids.  You can also check out 

http://naomisvillage.com/ 

for more information about the orphanage.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment